Friday, November 1, 2013

Here's To The Freaking Weekend





I wrote a link post for you all at 33,000 feet this afternoon and was planning on posting it as soon as we arrived at our hotel room. Upon landing, my phone started going off like crazy, full of concerned messages from friends and family wondering if my dad and I were OK. You’ve probably heard by this point that a ticketed passenger walked into LAX, pulled out a rifle and opened fire. He killed one TSA officer, and wounded several other people before he was finally shot in front of a Burger King. All of this took place literally THREE MINUTES after our plane pulled away from the gate. I am so incredibly thankful that we are safe and my heart hurts so badly for those affected by the attack. The way timing in this world works out sometimes is simply amazing and there are countless people stuck still at the airport and who won’t be going anywhere any time soon. It seems almost frivolous to be thankful to make my friend’s wedding when there are people hurting right now, but thankful I am!!

Anyway, what are your plans for the weekend? Anything out of the ordinary? I am planning on doing some sight seeing, dancing like a fool at the wedding and enjoying to the fullest the one on one time I have with my dad. He’s the best date I’ve ever had.  I can’t wait to show you all the pictures!

Here are some links from around the web for you to enjoy…


I bought this Chanel red lipstick in #40 last night for the wedding and I’m already obsessed. It’s almost oxblood, and very vampy.


A sassy, no nonsense article on the women you should be marrying. I have to say I agree with her on many points.


Read this oldie but a goodie since it's the first day of the Thankful month. 


30 no equipment needed Crossfit workouts. Perfect timing since I have let my fitness routine slide the last few weeks from battling pneumonia and then a cold. Time to get back at it, Liz!








xo xo Liz 




2 comments:

  1. So glad you're OK!!! I wouldn't make it through the day without you're blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Abby, it really made me think...3 minutes is what separated us from tragedy and a normal day. Wow. Seriously, you have no idea, that comment just made my night, I'm so glad you love Buckaroo Barbie that much!! Thank you Abby!! :)

      Delete