Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fan The Flame This Week


Here we are again. Sunday afternoon has arrived and the weekend is drawing to a close, another workweek (or school week for some of you) is looming ever closer. To be perfectly honest with you all, I have had the most rotten time the past 3 weeks. I’ve been sick, I’ve had personal problems and I’ve watched people that I love struggle with life's punches. It’s basically sucked. Big time. I’ve been frustrated to the point where I’ve started wondering if banging my own head against the wall would provide some relief. Until this afternoon when I read something. It was one of those times where before you’ve completely finished reading, the words act like a shot of adrenaline strait to the heart and effectively startle you out of your frump.

“Don’t you ever get the feeling that all your life is going by and you’re not taking advantage of it? Do you realize you’ve lived nearly half the time you have to live already?” Ernest Heminway, The Sun Also Rises


I’ve read those words many times before but for whatever reason they were exactly what I needed to hear today. They gave me the shot of courage I needed.

I’m not going to cringe from the coming crap this week. Because it will come and it will be just as painful and frustrating as it has been the past 3 weeks. But my attitude about it has changed and that will make all the difference in the world.

Our lives are going to tick by until the clock runs out and it's going to tick whether we're happy about it or not. The time is going to pass whether we apply ourselves to whatever course we've chosen in life or not. 

We have this incredible gift to the live the life we’ve been given…let’s not waste another nanosecond of it!! Each of your lives is a story that no one else can live out like YOU can. You are the main character, the leading lady, the heroine of your life. Live it. 

Let’s attack this coming week with such positivity and vigor that we inspire the people around us to do the same. Let’s do just one thing each day that takes us ever closer to our goals and reaching our dreams. I think that there really is nothing more satisfying than looking back and realizing that thanks to hard work and determination, I have achieved something I once thought was impossible. Our lives are stretching out before us….let’s make sure we don’t waste them being ordinary, shall we? We are Buckaroo Barbies after all.

xo xo Liz


2 comments:

  1. Great piece and I can see that determined look on your face and know you really mean it!! You are quite the writer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Colleen!! That means so much to me coming from you :) And yup, I have my hat pulled low and my teeth gritted! :)

      Delete