Friday, November 2, 2012

A Reason To Be Thankful

It is such a beautiful day here today - when I woke up fog was kissing the corners of the house and the south pasture was dotted with black baby calves. It was so lovely I felt like my heart was going to burst...you know the feeling, when you gulp big lungfuls of freezing cold air and just plain old joy, deep inside yourself. Wonderful.

Because November is the month to reflect on our blessings and what we're thankful for, and because I was inspired by Jennifer over at Ramblings of a Ranch Wife post last night, and because I'm weird and love lists, I decided to compile a list of all the things I am thankful for this fall.

If you make your own list, and I really hope you do, please share it with us in the comments below! You can never have too many people being thankful for the blessing in their lives!

Buckaroo Barbie's Reasons To Be Thankful 

  • Cozy, fuzzy hats. Particularly the ones with pom-poms on top. 
  • Fires.
  • Early morning visits over coffee with loved ones.
  • Apple pie.
  • Preparing the Thanksgiving menu now. And the drooling that accompanies the thought of eating said menu.
  • Wool socks.
  • The seasonal desire to start knitting again. (Props to you gals that keep it up all year long!)
  • A family that reads.
  • Long walks in the evening that require good, waterproof boots.
  • The sound of rain.
  • Depending on what part of the country you're in, cute, new baby calves OR falling asleep to the sound of bawling during weaning time. 
  • Hot chicken pot pie for dinner. 
  • Rolling down your truck (or car!) windows to let the cold air in while turning the heat on full blast on your feet. 
  • Big sweaters and scarves and gloves. Yumminess for my bod. 
  • Hunting time. 
  • Falling leaves. 
  • Listening to the horses blow rollers first thing in the morning. 



What are you thankful for and what brings joy to your heart? 

xo xo Liz 

4 comments:

  1. Here's what I am thankful for and makes me utterly happy - just from today:

    - Waking up in the morning and feeling comfortable and cozy in my bed.

    - Wrangling horses in in the dark while it snows softly.

    - Having the BEST ride on a colt yet

    - Snow giving way to a warm, sun-kissed fall afternoon

    - Looking in my rearview mirror to see my dog leaning over the side of the truck with pure joy in his face.

    - In the midst of a tragedy, being able to be thankful for good memories and happy to still have my own dad.

    - A cold beer at the end of a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be first to comment and share! :) I wanted to agree with every single one of these...well, I DO agree with on every single one of these! Especially about seeing your dog in the back of the truck...pure joy and you just can't help but laugh out loud :) Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for your blog and look forward to reading every day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Anon, you made my day! :) I actually look forward to writing something for Buckaroo Barbie every day!

    ReplyDelete