Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Christmas Came Early

After five days on the road and two long, hot and fantastic days of shows (for Adrian), we are back home for a week before another bout of 'Chris Ledoux-ing' it.

Adrian got a bucking machine from some guy a few weeks ago and apparently the reason he gave it to her was because it didn't work at all...plus it weighs a ton. Not that I blame him. I wouldn't have wanted it cluttering up my shop either if it didn't work. And if some crazy blonde gal wanted a bucking machine, it would seem like a win-win situation for both of us...except for the blonde girl because it didn't buck. So for the past few weeks Adrian has had this bucking machine setting out in the barn and has just been DYING to ride it.

Adrian and my uncle Kalvin, who is an electrical contractor, came to visit last week and for the last four days he and our dad worked non-stop on this machine for Adrian.

18 bags of concrete, 3 hours of welding, completely rewiring the motor and 2 tired good samaritans in cowboy boots later, Adrian has a bucking machine that she can practice on.

She's a little excited. And to celebrate she took Boyfriend (yes, that is his name) for a ride. I think he approves.


It is so beautiful here at home that I can't hardly stand it. There is so much grass and all the black calves we saw on the drive up look healthy and cute beyond belief. 

Can't wait to get on my fat old horse tomorrow...good night to all and to all a good night! 

xo xo Liz 

PS All you lovely, wonderful people who "like" us on Facebook, would you do us a favor and join the blog site? Thank you! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Thanks for making my day! This made me smile! Have fun girls!! :)

    ReplyDelete