Friday, December 16, 2011

Just Me

Deep breath.

Ready.

Set.

Go.

I'm just going to be me right now and real. It's a little scary. My family has this characteristic that has been passed down from generation to generation. We try to always make the best of every situation, no matter what. And sometime we refuse to admit to even our loved ones or maybe even our selves, that we aren't ok.

Right now, I'm not OK.

I'm totally miserable and sad. Two days in a row now I've read some pretty powerful blogs where the writer was honest and real and admitted to struggling with some SH*& going on in their lives. I came away touched by their rawness and then I realized, sometimes I don't let you know the real me.

I come off happy and chirpy and continuously dancing in the kitchen...but sometimes it's just not like that.

So.

Here's me. Just me.

I'm slobbing around in my sweats on my bed, dogs laying on me and making me hairy.

Totally without sleep for the last couple weeks and when I say that, I'm totally serious. That was a lot of totally's...sometimes I'm a valley girl. Dark circles, very pale skin. Ew.

When I cry my waterproof mascara doesn't work and it runs black down my face. Like right now. Not hot. Nothing like Goldie Hawn out of the Wildcats. Damn it.

I just finished finals yesterday and I think I could've done better. I hate letting myself down.

I cuss like a sailor and it makes me sad.

And most importantly I could really just use a hug from that man that smells like Axe's Snake Peel Body Wash. I don't know why they call it that because he smells like heaven and nothing like a snake. Confusing. But I'm not gonna get one of those for awhile.

And later on today sometime I will slap my own face and jerk myself out of this and decide that life isn't always sunshine and roses and that if we can't change our situation to change our attitudes, starting with my own. But right now, I'm having a really rotten time.

So there you go...that's me today. Just me


xo xo Liz

6 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I love reading your blog because its always so creative and upbeat and all the good things that you just said, but happy people are allowed to have unhappy days too and you shouldn't feel bad about that. That's you, that's human, its allowed. People like and identify with you for you, good and bad. Just remember that.

    PS Sorry I know you don't know me personally but I've been reading your blog for a month or two now and am totally in love with it (see, sometimes a valley girl too). :)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I love your blog because its so upbeat and happy and all those things you just said, but even happy people are allowed to have unhappy days. Its human. People don't like you just for the funny sayings, they like you for you. I don't even know you personally but I was introduced to this blog by a mutual friend a month or two ago and I can tell I like you for who you are. So have an off day, or a few, who cares! Then do a face mask, get better mascara, and carry on. People identify with you due to the realness, so be you, be real. We totally dig it (sometimes a valley girl too)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. You touch so many lives, with or without the perpetual optimism! I always look forward to reading your blog, especially when I am having one of those days too! I always say, everything happens for a reason, and it has helped me through those down times as well. Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 Liz, Thank you for sharing Yourself with us. Gain so much strength from your great example <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you got a nap and life is looking up! Love your honesty and creativity! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, thank you so much for the reminder that people are allowed to have bad days. Sometimes I forget :) I'm so glad you enjoy reading my blog and I totally understand what you mean...there are several ladies I follow, I've never met but I feel like we're FRIENDS!! hahahaha Merry Christmas :)

    Anon, your comment warmed my heart up, inside and out. Thank you for taking the time to tell me :)

    Mindy...you're amazing and that you still read my blog blows me outta the water on a daily basis hehe YOU are an amazing example. :)

    Corner Post...I did!! I finally slept a full night, I think from just pure exhaustion so I'm back to the happy me :)

    ReplyDelete