Monday, May 18, 2015

Summertime Sadness

On Thursday, I took a final for the first time in years. I gave myself a hiatus from college for a while, and it turned out to be one of the best things I’ve ever done. I returned refreshed, excited…no eager to continue my education and my unofficial grade reflects that: 101.4%. I’m pleased. 

Last night Adrian walked around the house chanting the names of artwork, the artists who painted them and the year they were made. Her final is today and I’m afraid that thanks to her preferred learning style, I will now know more about the Cubist era of art than I ever wanted to know. 

Garlic and tomatoes and wine are simmering on the stove and the dogs are littered on the floor in front of the fire like a bunch fallen leaves. It’s raining here and our thirsty ground is soaking up the moisture almost as fast as the drops can fall from the sky. 

It’s a good day. And it’s good to be back to Buckaroo Barbie. Here’s to a fantastic summer! What are your plans?? 



xo xo Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment