Monday, November 25, 2013

Interview | Kadee Coffman





I am so excited to be able to introduce today’s interview: Kadee Coffman! Chances are if you own a TV, you will have seen Kadee somewhere! She is a national TV host and sideline reporter who frequents networks like GAC, Fox Sports and RFD-TV. Not only is she the Host of “Superior Sunrise” for Superior Livestock Auction and the co-host for RFD-TV’s “Gentle Giants,” she is a feature reporter on GAC, a side line reporter for the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo, Ram National Circuit Finals Rodeo, the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo AND The Annual Fort Worth Stock Show Syndicate Sale. When she’s not on camera, Kadee spends time working on her line of western belt buckles, which have been featured in Cowboys and Indians.  In short, Kadee Coffman is a busy woman!

 I’ve admired Kadee for some time now; she is poised, ambitious and has an incredible sense of style…I love that in a woman! With the NFR literally 10 days away, it was incredibly kind of her to take the time to do an interview with Buckaroo Barbie. This gal is hard working, inspiring and a wonderful person to look up to: enjoy this peek into who she is and how she got where she is today. Oh, and I’m kind of obsessed with her Pinterest page…I like to think we’re pinning soul mates  ;) Go check out her website and follow her on Twitter to stay up to date with her constant adventures! 




What makes home home is…. Being surrounded by my family and riding the fence line at my family’s ranch in California. We are a pretty tight knit group and I always have the best sense of “home” when I’m with them. Living in downtown Fort Worth has a ton of perks but being able to ride out through the pastures is something that is just good for the soul.


If I could achieve anything in the world it would be… To look back on my life and say, I successfully balanced my career and family. I think people often have a difficult time balancing both effectively and I hope I’m able to do that.


The one piece of advice I would give to women who are interested in the cowboy/western world is… Always put your best boot forward. You never know who you are going to meet, and you never have a second chance to make a first impression.



My most prized possession is…. A bracelet my grandma gave me on my 23rd birthday, my grandpa gave it to her on their 30th wedding anniversary! I wear it often and she always reminds me it didn’t have that much wear and tear on it when she gave it to me!


As a kid I was always… Splitting my time between riding horses, ballet and flute practice. Thankfully I have the most supportive parents in the entire universe and they juggled all of that with me!


My favorite non-western activity is… Obsessing over fashion. I’m a fashion-fanatic. If I could have had it my way after high school I would have gone to a fashion institute instead of college…. But looking back, I’m glad I chose college!



I knew I was on the right track in life when…. I was choosing to study over going out on Friday nights! Being involved in the Miss Rodeo organization and climbing the ladder from: Miss Clovis Rodeo, Miss California Rodeo Salinas and Miss Rodeo California, instilled not only responsibility but dedication and what it means to be a goal setter.



My ideal day would include….Being at the ranch with my family. 1500 miles is only a 3.5 hour plane ride, but I can’t just jump in my truck and be there. I wouldn’t trade my home in Fort Worth for anything, but I do miss them every day!


My favorite cocktail is.… A great glass of Pinot Noir!



If I could be friends with anyone in the world, dead or alive, it would be…. First Lady Laura Bush. I feel like she exudes the perfect balance between grit and grace!

My favorite beauty product is… It’s so hard to pick just one! But I would say I don’t ever go on TV without my Mary Kay Apple Berry lipstick. It comes with me everywhere.


I tend to wear my cowboy hat with high heels! If Ralph Lauren sends his models down the runway like that, I think, “Why not!” …That’s what makes me a Buckaroo Barbie!





No comments:

Post a Comment