Sunday, September 29, 2013

Yoga and a Cocktail


I have been supplementing my running and lifting weights with yoga twice a week, and I LOVE IT!! It’s almost addicting….you think you’re going to keep up just fine with these skinny little gals in their stretchy clothes and you think, they’re basically just standing there holding poses. It can't be that hard, right? I buck hay, run for miles and lift, like, iron you know?? And then you stand there, just ya know, holding a pose, and your legs start to shake and you actually start to sweat quite profusely. 

Like I said, LOVE IT. It’s a challenge I didn’t expect and learning some of the more advanced moves is not only difficult but it’s exciting. Who doesn’t want to be able to balance in strange positions like Spiderman?? Unless of course, you’re not Marvel comic obsessed like me.

Here’s a yoga routine by Tara Stile that I did this evening to help stretch my sore muscles from a week of hard training, and help build other muscles that I wouldn’t necessarily use otherwise.






If you try it out, I’d love to hear what you think! Let me know! 


The end of this yoga routine and the beginning of the six o'clock hour brings us to another happy custom. 



Cocktails.

I come from a family where cocktails and horderves are an evening ritual. When we don't have time to have supper together, we make sure to have a little communal something, even if that's just sliced cheese and apples and a glass of red wine. 

I generally like single malt scotch, or a gin and tonic so when I found this recipe on Pinterest I couldn't help but try it. Even the name is fabulous, if not a little naughty....the Suffering Bastard. And since I feel slightly like a suffering bastard myself this evening, I'm going to toddle off and try it! 

And oh, here's the recipe in case you want to be a suffering bastard, too! ;) 

The Suffering Bastard

Ingredients       

1 ounce bourbon 
1 ounce gin
1 ounce fresh lime juice
1 dash Angostura bitters 
4 ounces chilled ginger ale 


Good night to all and to all a good night!! 


xo xo Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment