Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Let It Be


Today, take some time to just be. Don’t feel pressured about the floors needing to be swept or how many presents need to be wrapped. Just be.

I’m going to take today to recharge my batteries. I’m going to reflect on this past year, what I’ve accomplished and what I hope to accomplish next year. I’m going to get back to square one and I’m going to take a nap!! Adrian is getting ready to be busy and on the road again, and so I’m treasuring this quiet time here at home with the mums, daddy and our grandma Nancy. She lives down south and we don’t get to see her as often as we’d like, so we’re storing up as much “grandma time” as possible! As I type we three girls are watching the Bolshoi Ballet’s Nutcracker…such fun!

I’ve been neglecting my little bunkhouse lately and today I’m going to take some time to go through it and give it a little tender loving care, a kind of of face-lift, as it were! Maybe it’s because I’m disorganized but it feels like since we’re on the road so much for Adrian’s shows, when we have a few days at home I wash my dirty clothes, fling the things I don’t need for that trip onto my couch, stuff an extra pair of shoes into my suitcase and rush out the door, trailing bits of my house behind me! I don’t really spend that much time out there keeping it looking like the little haven I love when I am home, I spend every possible minute with the mums and dad. So it always in some stage of disarray and disorder. It generally looks like a human tornado passed through, leaving makeup, clothes and books scattered every place they SHOULDN’T be. But I’m feeling very inspired today to go out there and get my little bunkhouse back to feeling like MINE again. I’ve found that if I don’t have a place that’s beautiful and organized to work in, I put off working! Which is never a good thing! Adrian and I received a very thoughtful gift yesterday, we each got an enormous coffee table book by Ralph Lauren, entitled Ralph Lauren. When we were in Italy this spring (you can read about our adventures HERE!), Drew brought out this book and we fell in love with it. Looking through the photos is like watching a movie in stills and reading what Ralph Lauren’s vision is for his clothing and home design is exciting for Adrian and I because it very closely resembles some of the feelings we hope to convey with Buckaroo Barbie. I’m going to take that book and use it as inspiration for decorating my little bunkhouse, maybe I’ll even take some before and after pictures for you guys!


I ate my weight in Christmas goodies yesterday, so today I’m drinking as much water as possible to help get rid of the sugar and toxins and this evening Adrian and Roo and I are all going to go on a run. There’s something about running down a dirt road, black baldy calves on your left and right and your dog running joyfully beside you that brings a special kind of smile to your heart and lips.

The mum's famous apple cake...yumminess.

I hope you spend today getting recentered and balanced after the happy chaos of Christmas. Put your feet up, drink that extra cup of coffee and indulge in a little pampering! 

Roo and Boyfriend are really into indulging!! :) 

Thank you all so much for taking time out of your lives to read Buckaroo Barbie, it honestly means so much to Adrian and me. We love each and every one of you. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and enjoy your day!!


xo xo Liz



2 comments:

  1. Thats how it was for me in college! was rarely home and when i was, i was to worn out from the week of classes and projects that i just wanted to be lazy and tell myself "ill do it later" well later got later and later and later LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...the dreaded procrastination that rears its ugly head ESPECIALLY during college! I never used to put things off, I always had homework and projects done far in advance and then when I started univ I became a little procrastinator!! LOL

    ReplyDelete