Thursday, November 27, 2014

Sundburnt Lips And Apple Pie

I am thankful for sunburnt lips that slurp hot tea,

Fingers that ache from use...callouses forming on palms and fingertips.

I am thankful for salty air and the palm trees standing like sentinels around my house and heart.

I am thankful for the fleeing of the words in my brain, because the return of their quiet chanting released the ache in my heart that I didn’t know was there.

I am thankful for the stacks upon stacks of books and notebooks that fill my room and for all of the adventures I will embark upon between their papery pages in the future.

I am thankful for the loaves and pies that take shape beneath my hands and the look upon friend and family’s faces as they feast.

I am thankful for early mornings and late nights because I don’t want to miss another hour of this amazing life I’ve been given a second chance to live.

I am thankful for brutal hikes, the rocks that scrape knee and fingers, and the tangle that is constantly in my hair because I live outside.

I am thankful for this life.

For the rotten-no-good days, and the exhilarating-uplifting-high-flyin days.

Thank you.
Thank you.

Thank you.



2 comments: