Friday, August 29, 2014

Flying High Above Fear And The Ground



It had honestly been a long time since I did something that scared the snot out of me. Unless, of course, you count the last time I roped a calf outside with my friend Nicole, who I’m certain doesn’t have a self-preserving bone in her body...but anyway. That's not the point.

You know the kind of challenge where you are so scared you can't breath and you’re certain you will either A) Pass out from fear or B) Throw-up.

Well, I did that earlier this summer, and now I can't stop thinking about the whole experience. It was totally worth it.

The first 3 months I swore up, down, and sideways that I would never get back into a small plane unless I was physically forced, but now...I'm starting to reconsider.

Fear is good for us mortals.

I didn't die. It challenged me. And the view was unbelievably beautiful.

Even if I felt as if the door was going to swing open at any minute and I was going to fall right out...





Uncle asked me if I wanted to fly for awhile...NO THANK YOU!! 






Flying with my uncle was an amazing experience. Thank-you so much for being so thoughtful and taking me up Uncle Ron!!! If I promise not to cry, could we go again???


Don't forget to do something occasionally that reminds you that you're human, and that you don't know it all. It's totally worth it, once the initial desire to puke your guts up resides. 


For those of you who are curious, this is a 1946 Luscombe. 




xo xo Liz



No comments:

Post a Comment