Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Interview | Emily Fuhriman






I don’t even know how to begin talking about Emily without sounding obnoxious. She’s just one of those gals that is so awesome it gets you excited and inspired about your own life. So the other day when I realized we hadn’t posted an interview in what seems like forever, the first person I thought of was, of course, Emily! We started talking thanks to blogging, met at a roping and whenever she, Adrian and I get together we have so much fun talking and laughing that it feels like she’s a long lost sister. Emily is uber-talented; she’s an incredible photographer and an amazing horsewoman. She started cowboying for Trevor Fuhriman years ago and as you can probably guess, they fell head over heels in love and got married. Today, they work for Simplot Livestock and specialize in training reined cow horses. Some of the nation’s top trainers, including Ted Robinson Cow Horses, count on Emily and Trevor to put a solid foundation on their young horses. Check out her blog for Emily’s beautiful photographs of all aspects of ranch life! 



What makes home home is…. It’s the place that you can’t wait to get back to, the place where everyone and everything you love is, the place that you run away from the real world to be.


If I could achieve anything in the world it would be.…to keep pushing myself to be the best that I can be no matter what I’m doing.

The one piece of advice I would give to girls who are interested in the cowboy world is….to learn everything you can!!! The more you learn the better you will be. The second you think you know everything is the second you quit getting better.



My most prized possession is….my Dad’s old ’62 Gibson guitar!! When I was a kid I loved to sit and listen to him play it. He was so talented, he could play by ear. He would hear a tune and get on his guitar and pretty soon he had figured out how to play it.

As a kid I was always….“horse-crazy." I got teased to no end!! But I always knew that I wanted to make a living doing anything I could horseback. So I’m glad that I toughed it out because I’m doing exactly what I have always wanted and love my life!!


My favorite non-cowboy activity is….exploring new places! Whether it’s hiking to a lake, driving someplace I haven’t been or caving. I always love to see what’s around the next corner!

Trevor is my….my everything!! I know, I know that is corny but its true! I couldn’t have accomplished all that I am and have without him.



My ideal day would include….Trevor and me working horses, talking and laughing, gossiping and telling stories. Just like we do every time we’re working horses.

My favorite cocktail is.…a mimosa! It’s impossible to screw up when you’re making it.

If I could be friends with anyone in the world, dead or alive, it would be….my great grandmother Kate. I never got to meet her. When my Dad passed away I found a couple of Kate’s diaries with his belongings. She was quite a woman and lived to see and experience so many things.

My favorite beauty product is….Clinique CC Cream foundation. It’s one of the only foundations that has 30 SPF, I can’t live without it.

Being who I am, knowing what makes me strong and weak, dressing how I want, working hard for what I want and appreciating it when I get it…is what makes me a Buckaroo Barbie!



Photo Credit: Top two photos, David R. Stoeklein, bottom photo Kristie Lambert.



2 comments: