The Liebster award is given to "newer" blogs that have 200 or less followers to help bring awareness to up and coming blogs! The rules are as follows:
- You must post 11 random facts about yourself.
- You must answer the questions the nominator set for you.
- You must create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- You must choose 5-10 blogs that you love (with less than 200 followers), link them to your post and let them know they were nominated.
- No tag backs.
11 Random Facts About Us
- We drink about 20 cups of very strong, very sweet, hot tea a day.
- We consider pizza to be its very own food group. One week, Liz ate an entire pizza a day by herself. Num, num, nummy. :)
- We talk to our horses and dogs in weird, squeaky voices.
- Liz worked for reining cow-horse trainer Jay McLaughlin when she was 17. It was a really challenging and rewarding experience. Our dad quit her job for her though because she wasn't coming home when she was supposed to and was getting behind in her school work....oops!!!
- Adrian started riding ranch broncs when she turned 18 and dang near got kicked out of the house because the mums was NOT happy about it.
- We are best friends.
- We believe that joy is a choice, not an emotion.
- We cuss like sailors. We wish we didn't, but we do :(
- Liz HATES elevators. What is cool about being suspended in a metal box thousands of feet above the ground where you could possibly plummet to your death? And Adrian LOVES heights. She went parasailing when she was 7 and wants to go sky diving this year. Yikes.
- Adrian has a dog named Boyfriend and Liz has a dog named Roo.
- We've only roped in town together twice. But we want to change that and start team-roping together this year! The Goemmer girls are our inspiration! :)
Here are the questions we were asked! (Liz answered these)
- Favorite horse/dog/or cat? My favorite horse would have to be Albert, my Colonel Freckles horse I have now. My dad gave him to me when I was 15, he had bucked a guy off and broke his back and we really clicked. I love roping off of him, and I can always trust him with little kids.
- What was your first car/truck? My first truck was a 1997 F-250 with a 460 gas engine...it was so expensive to drive but I loved it!! I named it The Sexy Beast. It was passed down to Adrian and now our mums drives it! The heater doesn't work any more but it still runs good.
- Are you a neat freak or a pack rat? Pack rat :) The house can be messy, but I want it to be semi-clean!
- What color are the tops of your favorite pair of boots? I don't have them any more, but they're still my favorite. They were Olathes and the tops were bright yellow!!!
- Favorite Disney Cartoon? Tom and Jerry.
- What was your high school mascot? I was home schooled so I didn't have one!!!
- Favorite dinner meal? Ohhh this is a hard one!! Either pizza, or steak, twice-baked potatoes and cheesy cauliflower, finished with creme brulee!! Yum!!
- What is the brand of your favorite pair of jeans? They're the old originals from Cruel Girl. They don't make them like that anymore so Adrian found them for me on eBay!
- Sunrise or Sunset? Sunrise! I do a happy dance every morning! :)
- What picture is on the background of your computer right now? A very grainy cell phone pic taken at the Californios last year of me, Adrian and Emily!
Here Are Our Nominees!
I was going to nominate Emily and Mindy but no tag backs are allowed!! Darn you guys! :)
Emily from The Rancher's Daughter
Jen from Ramblings from a Ranch Wife
Adrian from Adrian Buckaroogirl
Kricket and Gussie from Boots, Braids and Big Loops
Sandy and Kimber from Roses and Sagebrush
Beth from Beauty Unconfidential
Lacy from Rosin and Lace
Our Questions For Nominees
- Why do you blog?
- Do you prefer the desert or trees?
- What is your dream job?
- If you rope, how old were you when you started roping?
- What's your favorite candy or dessert?
- Do you like to cook?
- What is your most daunting/challenging goal?
- Best movie quote, in your opinion?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, and money and time was no object, where would you go?
- What do you find most attractive in a friend?
- What makes you, YOU?
xo xo Liz and Adrian