Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snow Drifts and Pican Punches

I'm sitting here in our hotel room, feet up, listening to Ryan Bingham and watching Adrian hang up her show clothes. We're in Elko for the 29th National Cowboy Poetry Gathering and I keep offering encouraging pieces of advice like, "Well, yeah, that scarf is cute but it looks kind of like Easter." I'm helpful like that!!!

I'm exhausted and Adrian hasn't even started working yet! But a good kind of tired...like heart is happy, feet are sore, cheeks hurt from smiling genuine, happy smiles kind of tired! We somehow managed to get here several hours ahead of our self-imposed schedule last night and since we were starving (who are we kidding, we're always starving!), we stomped off to Bil Tolki's for some chow! And ended up staying in the early hours of the morning drinking, laughing and visiting with old friends. Remember when we went to Italy last spring and had so much fun with Drew and Nat?? Well they're here and we had a fantastic reunion. All the Italian I've been practicing since then flew right out of my head the moment I wanted to actually use it, but what can you do? Such is life. Jennifer Dennison was there as well (she's the lovely lady from Western Horseman), and I'm pretty sure that we laughed ourselves silly last night. The pican punch probably helped some too :)



I've been spending money like I'm a wealthy playboy from....um, I don't know....somewhere rich playboys come from...and I'm enjoying every second of it!! I finally broke down and bought a quilt from Timmy Lynn and I'm not going to lie to you, it felt good.

We went to another trade show and got to visiting with some other friends, felt the familiar twinge of hunger and realized that 3 hours had literally passed and I don't think we ever stopped talking once. WOW.

There's an artist breakfast first thing in the morning that I've never gone to with Adrian before that promises to be loud and funny because...well Adrian and Mindy and I will be there talking at the same time! But don't worry, if you don't think we're funny it's OK, cuz we're definitely amused by ourselves!!! :D

I have a math exam as soon as we get home so if you see a blonde girl sitting in Cowboy Joe's tomorrow afternoon, crying and screaming incoherently at her calculator...don't worry. It's just me. Please come say hi and save me from myself. And my math. :) I promise I won't bite.

xo xo Liz


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely time to me except for crying over the math, math isn't worth it!! LOL j/k keep all of us who were unlucky enough to make it to the Poetry Gathering updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something about Ryan Bingham that makes me smile...it has made many of my morning commutes to work so much better as I drive and sip my coffee! Sounds like you guys are having a ball!! Good luck on your math test! I'm sure you will do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just recently discovered Ryan Bingham and I love his music!! It's sooo awesome! Thank you so much, I'm a terrible tester so cross your fingers for me! :)

      Delete