I got a twitter account last month (you can follow me HERE!) and I got the idea of a blog post thanks to a friend on there, Cassi, who also takes rockin photographs. A week or so ago she mentioned that she was taking the time to write down 20 things that she is grateful for in her life and how eye opening it was. I thought this was an extra special idea right before the New Year. It inspired me to do the same, but I couldn't stop so here is my list of 25 things I am thankful for right now, in no particular order. What are you thankful for?
1. I am thankful for the time to spend with friends that we don’t normally see very often.
2. I am thankful I get to work, travel and play with my best friend and little sister, Adrian.
3. I am thankful for warm socks.
4. I am thankful for my darling little Roo dog who brings so much joy into my life.
5. I am thankful for the relationship I have with my parents….they’re just so COOL!
6. I am thankful for silk Pajamas.
7. I am thankful for coffee.
8. I am thankful for every single person that takes the time to read and comment on Buckaroo Barbie.
9. I am thankful for the ability and luxury to reinvent myself: I used to be a cowboy, now I’m a writer/personal assistant and the possibilities for the future are endless.
10. I am thankful for my sister’s Frye boots that she lets me wear (I know that’s shallow but I can’t help it, I LOVE THEM!).
11. I am thankful for the stack of lovely, inspiring and thoughtful books I received for Christmas. Books can mold you, shape you and push you in directions you never thought of going.
12. I am thankful for second chances in life.
13. I am thankful for my big, fat old Albert horse who doesn’t buck me off even when it’s cold outside and he hasn’t been ridden in forever.
14. I am thankful for the people who take the time to tell my sister how her music has moved them and why.
15. I am thankful that I have finally discovered a healthy way to eat that makes me feel TERRRIFIC!!!
16. I am thankful for family: blood and chosen.
17. I am thankful for the chances I have been given, with my horses, rawhide, writing and education.
18. I am thankful for makeup, because it makes me feel like a girl.
19. I am thankful for the friends I have made while traveling and the technology that allows me to stay in touch with them.
20. I am thankful for music, it moves me in ways I don’t even understand!
21. I am thankful for old black and white movies, they inspire me.
22. I am thankful for chocolate. Don’t judge.
23. I am thankful for my memories, they keep my heart warm during the hard spells.
24. I am thankful that some hard-working cowboy has to work in the snow today and I don’t! hehehehe
25. I am thankful for the opportunity to be given this life to live and the ability to make it into something big and glittering with possibility and joy.
xo xo Liz