Thursday, November 15, 2012

Which Road Do You Take From Here?


At some point, you have to stop caring what other people think. You have to shed the desire to please everyone, and you have to admit to yourself what it is you want to accomplish in life, in your job and your relationships. There will be people throughout your entire lifetime who will have an opinion on how you should live, what you should do and how you should act, no matter how old or how young you are. And at some point, you have to realize that YOU are the one that has to live with the decisions you make and YOU are the one that will live with the consequences. You don’t want to look back one day on your life and realized that you forgo some dreams for the sake of “not disappointing” other people.
My greatest fears are to be ordinary, and to look back one day and wish that I had gone all out, that I had reached for the impossible, no matter what other people think or said.

I’ve had pretty much the same game plan my whole life on how to figure out whether events in my life are meant to be or not…it’s my parent’s game plan and they passed it on down to me and for that I am very thankful. It’s as follows:


  1. Pray about your choices and the decisions you're facing.
  2. Go 100 miles an hour in one direction.
  3. If it's not meant to be...you'll hit road-blocks, brick walls or even a robot alien who will punch you off earth into orbit. TRUST ME.
  4. In that case, turn around 180 degrees, and head off in the other direction at 100 miles an hour until you hit another wall. 
  5. Pray and repeat. 

You need to make your choices in life with wisdom and maturity, but if you dither long enough “waiting for a sign” that your choice or decision is the right one or not, you’ll just be standing still. And NOT making a choice is actually a choice…to not do anything at all.

Take your life by the horns, don’t let opportunity’s pass you by and live your life ON PURPOSE. You only get this one lifetime and only YOU can live it the way it’s meant to be lived.

Now go on out there and hit the ground runnin!! You’ve got great things waiting up ahead for you!

xo xo Liz 

7 comments:

  1. If you hit a wall each time and go back 180 the other direction you will end up in the same place... try 55 mph it's a little sweeter. - F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! And thanks for joining Buckaroo Barbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect!!!!!!! Oh woman I just love ya to pieces!!!!! Wonderful wonderful post! <3 Jordanne I forgot my Google password:-):-)keep it up darlin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jordanne, you crack me up!! Thank you so much!! I'm so glad you liked it and hugs and kisses to you and the little man! :)

    ReplyDelete