Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Seize The Day


At the end of the day, I believe it’s true. Wholeheartedly. Plain and simple.

Life is a GRAND adventure. It is! It is incredible really, the whole world just waiting, watching us to see what we’re going to do. Sizing us up. Silently asking each and every one of us,

“Will you allow things to happen to you passively? How will you be affected by the experiences, good and bad, that come along the way? Will you fight back when needed? Or will you fold your hands and sigh over the injustice of what happened to you? Will you take the gifts, the help, the ups and downs that are allotted to you, and will you use them to your advantage? To make yourself and the life you lead the very best version it can be?”

Our time here is so short. We’ve been given one body. One heart. One soul. One mind and then we’re sent out into the world and it’s up to US to make sure that we make the most of it.

I find it is so easy for me to become complacent. I can waste entirely too much time on facebook, tumblr, the news…mindless things that take up chunks of my precious time. At times it is easy to slip into feeling completely despondent about the future.

And I know what it feels like to have terrible things happen to you, to have to live with those consequences every day, to feel the pain. I’ve seen the affects of violence and injustice to people very loved and dear to me suffer, watched them struggle to just make it through a day. So I know how unfair life can be. It’s not fair, and that sucks. I realize I don’t know YOUR particular story, but I have felt pain. I’ve gone through the darkness and come out the other side into the light, and it’s beautiful. There are still moments of hardship and life is still life, not a Disney movie. But, having made it through those hard times has made me realize that we have all been given the opportunity to rise up from the ashes, and face this world. We are given the opportunity to build upon our personal experiences, both good and bad, and to become the best that we can be. Don’t forget the bad and the pain, because it has helped shaped you to who you are now. Be thankful for the good and the beautiful experiences that lighten the way.

Decide today that you are going to be thankful for your life. Decide that you are going to make the most of every minute and make things happen. That you will be an active, learning and willing participant in this great adventure called life.

I promise, it is oh, so worth it.

xo xo Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment