Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dawn


Early this morning, about 4am, I woke up suddenly. I lay there for a minute trying to get my bearings and looking out the bedroom window…the loveliest of lovely early morning breezes was coming through both bedroom windows and I instantly thought of that Rumi quote…you know the one,

"The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don't go back to sleep. You must ask for what you really want. Don't go back to sleep. People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch: The door is round and open. Don't go back to sleep." - Rumi

And I could see the outline of the mountains through the open window, whether from memory or for reals I’m not sure.  And so I tried to stay awake as long as I could and smelled all the secretive, early morning smells the dawn does have.

It was beautiful and I feel asleep with a smile in my heart.


 xo xo Liz 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! What a view to wake up too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Liz. These next few weeks are my favorite days of the entire year to revel in that dim morning light. I love when it's cold enough to stumble out wrapped in a blanket and watch the sunrise!

    ReplyDelete