Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day Dreams



I want peace. Peace with health.

 I want wealth…the kind that comes from a life lived to the fullest and the loving of the person who is holding my hand. Wealth, which is savoring each bite I take because I’m hungry and spent from working horses, roping cows and making love. Wealth, in the store of my boots, my bits, my guns and the horseflesh I’ve invested in. Wealth in the relationships I have with other people, who believe the same things I do and teach me through their lives to better myself.

I want to have an outdoor oven to cook on year round. I want the freedom that only comes from loving what I’m doing with my life.

I want to be with a man who will be faithful to me and love me in spite of all my strange ways. I want to work by his side, day by day.  I want to be with a man who will be my teacher, my friend and my lover. It is a tall order for sure, but maybe not completely unattainable?


I want the health that comes from treating my body and mind like the precious machine that it is. The strength that comes from feeling completely exhausted, digging into my reserves and being able to finish pounding that last ½ mile of fence posts. The strength that comes from telling my mind I WILL finish my run strong, and seeing the difference when it’s my turn to work the ground at branding.

I want the delight that comes from feeling my two-year old colt TRY and please me and figure out what it is that I want. I want the fear that comes from being afraid of failure and the exhilaration that comes when I don’t.

I don’t want to be just one thing…I want to be many and to never stop learning.

I ache for the knowledge I will possess in 20 years because of the experience I don’t I have now.

At the end of my life, I want to be able to look back and say, “I made the most of everything You gave me, Lord.”

xo xo Liz 


3 comments:

  1. :) This is cute Liz! When is your book going to be published?

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley...we're hoping in the next six months! Our graphics are taking forever, but I think it will be worth the wait! :)

    Thanks ladies! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, really your comments encourage me to keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete